ni aku nak bagi sikit tips apa yang patut dibuat dan patut dielakkan bila pakai BRACES.
1) Do clean your teeth using normal brush or orthodontic brush after every meal.
2) Your new fixed appliance will feel strange and uncomfortable at first. The attachments on the side of the teeth will buldge into your tongue and cheek and make them sore to start with, and the wire which pulls the teeth into place will make them feel loose & tender, which is only temporary and will resolve itself with time.
3) Do avoid hard foods, as they may break the braces and wires.
EG: Nuts, Non-vege, apple, carrot etc, they maybe eaten if they are cut into smaller pieces first.
4) Avoid sticky foods such as chewing gum, chocolates etc.
5) Use fluoride mouthwash twice daily ( LISTERINE / ORAL B / CHLORHEXIDINE ), to rinse mouth thoroughly for atleast 30-40 seconds.
6) Don't leave your braces broken - contact your orthodontics to get fixed, as soon as possible.
7) Use elastic bands aptly, and as per orthodontist's instructions.
8) If soreness is present, use warm salt - water rinses and/ or paracetamol/ ibuprofen ( panadol )
9) For athletic patients, please wear an orthodontics gum shield at all times. An elbow or ball to the mouth can cause alots of destruction and pain.
10) Remember, a broken or lost appliance can not correct your teeth, but it will extend your treatment time.
11) It is essential that you continue to see your dentist regularly for your routine dental treatment.
p/s: ok kalau ada apa-apa yang tak faham bolehlah tanya di ruangan komen atau formspring ye =D